We will open for Memorial Day weekend starting on May 28th at 3:00 P.M, and for May 29, 30, and June 1 from 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. weather permitting. Regular pool hours are 9:00 am – 8:00 pm. Please check posted hours prior to pool opening for any changes. All Middlefork Tennis Club members, AND their guests, are expected to know and respect the pool rules before using the pool.
- All members MUST sign in when entering the pool area. Signing in is required for insurance purposes and safety reasons. Each guest must be registered and a fee of $7.50 per swimming guest will be billed to the host. There is a limit of six guests per family per day. Guests must be accompanied by a member. All swimming guests brought to Thursday Night Supper also have an additional swimming guest fee of $7.50 applied. The pool is usually crowded on weekends and we cannot exceed our capacity of 100 people. Please use common sense when inviting guests.
- Lifeguards are employed to watch the pool, not to baby-sit children. Parents/Guardians are expected to watch their children. Children under age nine must be accompanied and supervised by a parent; or by a guardian, thirteen years or older. Children who will be nine years of age by Aug. 31, may be allowed at the pool unaccompanied, provided they pass a swimming proficiency test. Any child, regardless of age, may be required at the discretion of the guard staff, to be accompanied by an adult.
- In general, the pool is open daily from 10 A.M. to 8 P.M. The pool may be kept open after 8 P.M. on Thursday nights, at the guards’ discretion, if weather permits, and there is heavy usage. At the beginning and end of the summer, pool hours are abbreviated due to darkness. Per Illinois code, the pool will be closed in case of rain, thunder, lightning, or temperatures of 60 degrees or below. Call ahead if you are uncertain of the weather.
- Lifeguards are in charge of, and responsible for, the safe and orderly operation of the pool. Members, and/or their guests, whose behavior is deemed inappropriate by the lifeguards, may be asked to leave the club pool.
- Novice swimmers must pass a swimming proficiency test before being allowed out of the children’s portion of the pool. The lifeguard on duty will administer the test.
- Pets are not allowed anywhere on the Club grounds (including the pool and pool deck, pool house and locker rooms.)
- Members are allowed to hire lifeguards to teach swim lessons when the guards are not scheduled to work. $20/half hour is standard
May 28 3:00pm
May 29, 30 & June 1 Memorial Day Weekend 9am – 8pm
June 2 – June 11, Weekdays Pre-season hours 4pm – 8pm
June 12 – Labor Day, Regular Season hours 9am – 8pm
* Swim Team meets Monday’s 3:00pm-5:00pm and Wednesday’s 9:00am-11:00am. The diving board area and kiddie area are open at this time. The rest of the pool is used for swim team practice.
POOL PERSONNEL DIRECTOR POOL EQUIPMENT DIRECTOR
Kelly Duff ,Brian Pigott